Table of Contents
- 1 What is an example of allegiance?
- 2 What does allegiance mean in the Pledge?
- 3 What does the word allegiance mean in a sentence?
- 4 What does it mean to pay allegiance?
- 5 What does allegiance mean in the Bible?
- 6 Why is it important to pledge allegiance?
- 7 What does it mean to have an allegiance to someone?
- 8 Is Allianced a word?
- 9 What does the Bible say about allegiance?
- 10 What is the definition of the word allegiance?
- 11 What does owing allegiance to USA mean?
What is an example of allegiance?
Swearing that you will follow the laws of a country is an example of giving allegiance. Always defending your friend and looking out for his best interests is an example of allegiance to your friend. Loyalty or the obligation of loyalty, as to a nation, sovereign, or cause.
What does allegiance mean in the Pledge?
promise of loyalty
US. : a formal promise of loyalty to the United States that groups of people say together.
How do you demonstrate allegiance?
You can pledge your allegiance to a flag or swear your allegiance to a government or cause. Either way you’re expressing your commitment and devotion in the firmest sense of the word.
What does the word allegiance mean in a sentence?
1 : a relationship in which people, groups, or countries agree to work together The oil company and the environmental group formed an unusual alliance. 2 : an association of people, groups, or nations working together for a specific purpose the Alliance for Arts Education. More from Merriam-Webster on alliance.
What does it mean to pay allegiance?
1a : the obligation of a feudal vassal to his liege lord. b(1) : the fidelity owed by a subject or citizen to a sovereign or government I pledge allegiance to my country. (2) : the obligation of an alien to the government under which the alien resides.
What is a good sentence for allegiance?
1. FBI demands its employees absolute allegiance to this bureau. 2. She proudly recited the Oath of Allegiance.
What does allegiance mean in the Bible?
fidelity, allegiance, fealty, loyalty, devotion, piety mean faithfulness to something to which one is bound by pledge or duty.
Why is it important to pledge allegiance?
Reciting the Pledge is a mark of patriotism to the country. It is an action that symbolizes your loyalty to the United States of America and the feeling that as an American, you are proud to be part of this country.
How can I use allegiance in a sentence?
Allegiance sentence example
- If it is refuge you seek, you will only be granted it by swearing allegiance to us.
- He has gone to them with word of his breaking allegiance to pursue his title without their mediation or interference.
- The United States is a republic, as even the Pledge of Allegiance says.
What does it mean to have an allegiance to someone?
Allegiance is loyalty or faithfulness, especially to a person or cause. This type of formal loyalty is what’s implied by allegiance. The adjective form of allegiance is allegiant.
Is Allianced a word?
Simple past tense and past participle of alliance.
How do you use the word alliance in a sentence?
Alliance in a Sentence 🔉
- We formed a neighborhood alliance to plan events in our community.
- In order to protect their borders, the two countries formed an alliance.
- Because Jan and I have been rivals since the first grade, there is no way we could ever form an alliance.
What does the Bible say about allegiance?
The Pledge of Allegiance to the flag of the United States certainly does not contain any wording that would usurp the authority of Christ in our lives. The Bible, therefore, does not forbid the pledging of allegiance to our flag. A pledge is a formalized promise, and there is nothing wrong with making a promise.
What is the definition of the word allegiance?
allegiance – the act of binding yourself (intellectually or emotionally) to a course of action; “his long commitment to public service”; “they felt no loyalty to a losing team”. commitment, loyalty, dedication.
What is the reason for the pledge of allegiance?
The Pledge is a proclamation stating that all Americans are unified, standing together as one nation and working together for the benefit of the country as a whole. The reason the pledge of allegiance is asked to be recited on a daily basis in schools, is because when a child recites the pledge everyday,…
What does owing allegiance to USA mean?
One owes personal allegiance to the United States if that person has taken an oath of naturalization. Naturalization occurs when an alien applies for citizenship. They must prove a series of eligibility requirements in order for the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services to certify the naturalization request.